TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF ASPIRATIONS GYM
Aspirations Gym ('the Gym') is owned by Aspirations Private Gym Hire Limited (CRN08850531) whose registered office is C/O HJS Chartered Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton, SO15 2EA.
The Gym is available for hire by private individuals ('the User') 24 hours a day 365 days a year, subject to the below terms and conditions and is to be pre booked on line at the Gym's website www.privategymhire.co.uk
Prior to use of the Gym all Users must:
1. E mail the Gym and arrange a health and safety induction class
2. Pay on line at the Gym's website and book a one hour session for use. Such payment being non refundable. If a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation is given the User will be entitled to credit and can allocate the payment to an alternative one hour session.
3. Will on receipt of payment provide the User with a membership number operating the electronic door lock for the gym which will operate the door for sessions booked. The door will operate for 5 minutes prior to the session and until 5 minutes after the session has expired
4. Reserves the right to refuse admission and/or suspend and/or expel any User or Guest forthwith if:
(i) In the opinion of the Gym that the User/Guest is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
(ii) The conduct of such User or Guest might in the opinion of the Gym be injurious to the character or the interests of the Gym or render such User/Guest unfit to be a User/Guest.
(iii) User/Guest is rude or abusive to any employee of the Company.
5. The Gym may from time to time vary these Terms and Conditions and shall provide notice of the same on a notice board at the Gym, whereupon the User and any Guest shall be deemed to have been given notice of such changes. The User shall be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their guests and indemnifies the Gym against any losses it incurs as a consequence of the guests attendance at the Gym.
6. Reserves the right to close the Gym without notice and refund any payment in respect of prepaid sessions.
7. Any User of the Gym over the age of 18 years may bring up to 3 additional Guests to the Gym providing that the User and each Guest sign the Guest acceptance form confirming that the User has bought the content of these terms and conditions to each Guest's attention and confirming that the Guest has read and understood their content.
8. The User shall be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their Guests and indemnifies the Gym against any losses it incurs as a consequence of the Guests attendance at the Gym.
9. Users and Guests attending the Gym must have a suitable towel for the purposes of wiping down equipment after use and appropriate clean gym shoes must be worn in the Gym.
10. Any User/Guest who is himself/herself a personal trainer does so independently and is not associated with the Gym.
11. Children up to the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult User at all times.
Use Of Facilities At The Gym
12. Users and their Guests are not to undertake strenuous physical activities for which they might be medically unfit. Users and Guests must consult their Doctor before embarking on any exercise programme.
13. All weights and equipment must be returned to their correct storage positions after use.
14. Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
Safety & Hygiene
15. In the interests of safety and hygiene, no crockery or drinking glasses are allowed in the Gym.
16. With the exception of guide dogs, no pets will be allowed in the Gym.
17. In the event of a fire, Users and their Guests are asked to make their way in an orderly fashion to the nearest available exit.
18. A First Aid Box is available at the Gym and any User/Guest using the same must notify the Gym immediately of any accident in writing and of any items removed from the First Aid Box.
19. Toilets and shower facilities are available for the Users and Guests of any User and are located between Units 69 and 70 Base Point Centre.
20. Free parking, subject to availability, is available in the Basepoint Centre car park.
21. Cars must be parked in the marked areas only and must not block service roads or emergency exits. Vehicles must not be parked or left at the Gym over night.
22. All lost property found on the Gym premises will be stored for 14 days. Unclaimed items after this period will be donated to charity
23. The Gym is unable to store or secure any property for Users and Guests. Therefore the Gym will accept no responsibility or liability for the loss or damage to money, valuables or other personal property of Users or Guests of the Gym or any other person.
24. Vehicles parked at the Base Point Centre are done so entirely at the owner's risk.
25. The Gym's liability to compensate you (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as whether the damage was due to a negligent act or omission by the Gym.
26. The Gym will compensate you for any loss or damage any User/Guest may
suffer if the Gym fails to carry out its obligations under this agreement or to
a reasonable standard or breach any duties imposed on the Gym by law (including
if the Gym causes the death or personal injury of the User/Guest by its
negligence) unless that failure is attributable to:
(i) the User/Guest's own fault;
(ii) a third party unconnected with the Gym's provision of services under this agreement; or
(iii) events which neither the Gym nor its suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled
even if the Gym had taken all reasonable care.
(This section ‘26’ ONLY applies to users when 2 or more people are present in the gym at any one time, for individuals who choose to use the gym alone this section ‘26’ does not apply)
27. Any User or Guest who suffers any accident on the premises must report the accident and the circumstances under which it occurred to the Company immediately following the accident.
28. Neither the management nor any employees or agents of the Gym shall be responsible for any damage, injury or loss occurring at the Gym or at any activity or function operated, organised, arranged or sponsored by the Gym which is caused by any acts of omissions of any Gym User or Guest. Any such User/Guest shall indemnify the Gym against any liability or damage, injury or loss caused by any such club User/Guest.
29.Any User who in any way makes use of or accepts the use of any apparatus, facility or service of the Gym shall do so at entirely their own risk and shall hold the Gym harmless from any and all loss, cost, injury, damage or any other liability sustained there from and/or resulting from any act or any officer of the Gym save where any such liability cannot be excluded in law.
30. No alcohol may be brought into and consumed within the Gym.
31. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the User, any Guest and the Gym.
32. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unen-forceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
33. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
34. Cameras are installed within the gym for security purposes. The cameras are not monitored. Recordings will be maintained by the Gym for such period as it elects and will be reviewed in the event of injury, damage or theft.
35. All communications between the parties about this Agreement must be in writing and delivered by hand or sent by email or pre paid first class post to the Gym.
36. Communications shall be deemed to have been received: if sent by email or pre-paid first class post, 2 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and bank and public holidays) after posting (exclusive of the day of posting); or if delivered by hand, on the day of delivery; or if sent by facsimile transmission on a working day prior to 4.00 pm, at the time of transmission and otherwise on the next working day.